This month, TechInPink will hold an all-female programming bootcamp bringing together ladies from all corners of Kenya interested in Software Development. This will be a fun-filled day of hands-on coding, games, making friends and of course, food
Who should attend?
- Ladies passionate about Software Development, but don’t know how or where to start.
- Ladies who are interested in Software Development but don’t know much about it.
- Ladies who’ve heard of Software Development and are curious to know what it’s all about.
You do not need any experience to attend, all you need is your passion and curious self. The event targets ladies from as young as 16 to 24.
Why should you attend?
- You will get to meet girls who share the same interests and this could be the beginning of a wonderful collaboration (that is how TechInPink was started, just to mention)
- Hands-on coding with the aim of building by the end of the day.
- Exposure to tools and fundamental programming conventions.
- Interact with ladies who are working as Software Developers. They will share their stories and you will get to ask them questions.
What are the requirements?
- Passion, curiosity and the desire to learn.
- Your friendly self. Come ready to interact and be part of a team.
- A laptop. Unfortunately we will not be able to provide laptops for the event.
If you are a lady, or know a lady who should be part of this, register here. We will reach out to you a week before the event with a confirmation message.
*Due to space we can only have 20 girls.
One of the participants coding.
During a session.
Yetunde Sanni, TechInPink Co-Founder with Ruth Obe, a girl I am currently mentoring due to the drive she possesses.
It’s not over without a major selfie
Gertrude (that’s me) during a session over Hangouts. Yetunde is there photo-bombing, of course
Niyi of codespark, addressing the girls.
We look forward to seeing you there . Again, register here. For inquiries you can tweet us @Tech_InPink or call 0716207237.
Venue is Andela (Kindaruma 525 near Baraton East Africa off Ring Road Kilimani).
Poster by Usman Abiola.